I ran into this article about preventing yourself from becoming a victim of gun violence. It definitely isn’t PC, but it is statistically accurate.
So here are the tips without the commentary. By my estimate, you can reduce your chances of being killed by a gun by 400% by just implementing two of these tips. Pretty scary.
- Don’t commit suicide
- Deescalate road rage incidents
- Don’t join a gang
- Don’t buy or sell drugs
- Avoid abusive people
- Live by a curfew
- Avoid gun-free zones
- Avoid convicted violent criminals
- Practice situational awareness
- Avoid people who don’t practice gun safety
- Don’t attack or rob people